Take a moment to see what we are about
We believe that outdoor play increases creativity, confidence, social intelligence and grit. Every child needs time outdoors to play in an imaginative way and connect with nature and friends.
Leadership Academy Camp at Warner Park is a summer enrichment program that helps to bridge the summer learning gap by engaging children in outdoor play and informal environmental education to raise awareness, foster respect and share enthusiasm for the natural environment.
Leadership Academy Camp at Warner Park is permitted by Nashville Metro Parks.
- Founded in 2013
- Emphasizes environmental education, nature activity, and connects children to natural settings
- Conservation education at camp significantly increases children’s eco-affinity, knowledge and conservation attitude
- Play and unstructured time outdoors is shown to increase creativity and problem solving skills
- Increased outdoor play helps to decrease childhood obesity and other issues like ADD, ADHD and learning delays
- Leadership Academy Camp at Warner Park is permitted by Nashville Metro Parks
- Day Camp is Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-4:00 pm
- Before and after care is offered from 7:45 am-5:15 pm
- Summer sessions are available to provide flexibility in family schedules
- Camper drop-off and pick-up is at the Bob Brown Field Station in Percy Warner Park, Hwy 100 near Old Hickory Blvd.
Benefits for the children, families and the community:
- Teach children about nature and provide opportunities for play
- Help kids get unplugged and away from the digital world and get them into the natural world
- Deepen emotional bonds that people feel towards nature and the parks
- Engaging children and families to develop an affinity for the parks and inspire involvement and conservation
- Increase participation at Nature Center and other park programs
About the Program:
Staff will engage children in outdoor play and informal environmental education to raise awareness, foster respect and share enthusiasm for the natural environment. Campers will be grouped by age and paired with a camp counselor to guide them through camp activities and nature education.
• Enjoy exciting visits from our partner programs
• Play in the Little Harpeth River, discover aquatic habitats and splashing in the creek
• Hike the trails and Geocaching, map and compass programs
• Visit the Nature Center and participate in nature education programs
• Teambuilding activities
• Traditional camp activities including Crafts, Games, Songs, Skits/Drama
ACA-Accredited® Camp status is a verification from the American Camp Association® that our camp, during a visit on July 19, 2016, complied with up to 300 industry-established health and safety standards, which are recognized by courts of law and government regulators as the standards of the camp industry.
What does ACA-Accreditation mean to Your Camper?
ACA Accreditation means that Camp at Warner Park submitted to a thorough 300 standards review of its operation by the American Camp Association (ACA) — from staff qualifications and training to emergency management — and complied with the highest standards in the industry. We believe that when parents expect their children to attend accredited schools, they also deserve a camp experience that is reviewed and accredited by an expert, independent organization.
For more information about the American Camp Association, visit ACACamps.org!